Saturday, September 30, 2006

What is Everyone Talking About?

They don't call it the World Wide Web for nothing. Take a stroll through Blogger, you can do it from my blog by clicking "Next Blog" in the upper right hand corner. I do this periodically to see what comes up. It is how I found some of the blogs that I have linked in the column on the right.

However, there are a large number of blogs out there that I just can't read. Italian, French, Greek, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, you name the language, it's out there. There are a number of subject specific blogs out there as well, from ones promoting high school football, football pools, pregnancy, adoption, cancer, politics of all parties and countries. I have seen many, but I know that I am only scratching the surface.

Occasionally, you even get the extreme blogs (read: SEX), with pictures that you don't want to be bringing up on your work computer. I even get uncomfortable when they show up on my home computer.

It is amazing. It just goes to show how the international community is trying to get together through this relatively new medium. I have friends who have been blogging for a long time, I am very new to the world, but am having a good time.

Sit down, relax, take a tour. See what's out there.

No comments: