Friday, June 20, 2008

The Brave Astronaut Alpha to Omega

I've found a couple of memes in my Google Reader in the past few weeks (and no, I'm not doing the makeup one), so over the next few weeks, I will snatch them for some content here on the blog. (Sorry, summer doldrums are setting in - but I will admit to enjoying sitting at the computer when the A/C is on, the vent chills my legs to the point of numbness.

So here's the first one. I saw this meme here. Feel free to pilfer and post on your own blog.

A is for your age:
  • 40 - and remember, younger than Mrs. BA (and soon to be two years younger than her).
B is for your burger of choice:
  • Just the other night, Mrs. BA and I enjoyed Five Guys burgers. The fries are also outstanding. My burger will usually have cheese, a full complement of condiments (mayo, ketchup, mustard), pickles, and maybe onions.
C is for the car that you drive:
  • A Mazda 5 - and no it's not a minivan, thank you.
D is for dog’s name:
  • The last one I had - his name was Gus. But I'm more of a cat person.
E is for an essential item you use each day:
  • For as much as I depend on my car, I really should live in LA. It's not essential per se, but it gets me to and from work.
F is for your favorite television show:
  • current: most likely Lost
  • recent: The West Wing (please come back to Bravo!)
  • old: M*A*S*H* (I'll always flip to it if there's nothing else on, because that usually is)
G is for favorite game:
  • I like card games and of the many out there, Liverpool is a family favorite. It's a version of rummy. Board games means Scrabble (and its online companion - Scrabulous on Facebook).
H is for hometown:
  • Syosset, New York
I is for instruments played:
  • I was a nerd in high school, but no instruments were lugged around by me. I played a mean recorder for a while.
J is for favorite juice:
  • Pineapple. But I don't get it enough. The orange juice monopolies rule the world. When I drink OJ, I like to "chew" it, i.e., lots of pulp. Sorry Mrs. BA.
K is for what you’d like to kick:
  • Heh heh, well tonight I'll be watching some Russian and Cuban a@@ get kicked.
L is for last restaurant you dined at:
  • The aforementioned Five Guys. I can't remember the last "table service" restaurant I went to.
M is for your favorite Muppet:
N is for number of piercings you have:
  • Thanks but no thanks. I have all the holes in my body that I need. I have no desire to add to them.
O is for overnight hospital stays:
  • Knock on wood, so far, none.
P is for people you were with today:
  • I ate by myself today (which I know drives Mrs. BA crazy) but the lunch crowd was a little limited today, with NJM away on vacation and ADR working from home. OSG is also away so I didn't see him either. I did see C in DC in the afternoon. And, of course there was the Red Dawn party this evening.
Q is for what you do in quiet times:
  • Heh, heh, you're dirty. But then that wouldn't be quiet time anymore would it? But read would probably top the list.
R is for regrets:
  • "Regrets, I've had a few" - thanks Frank.
S is for status:
  • Happily married. Happiest I've ever been.
T is for time you woke up today:
  • Again, later than I wanted. But it was about 7:15am
U is for what you consider unique:
  • If I told you, would it still be unique? My mind keeps wandering back to my marriage as unique. I have never been in a relationship like this before and what Mrs. BA and I have seems so special to me as to border on the unique.
V is for favorite vegetable:
  • I have a thing for brussel sprouts. But there are few veggies that you could put in front of me that I wouldn't eat. Now, Mrs. BA on the other hand . . .
W is for your worst habit:
  • The ones with the really big wimples. A stiff breeze and I'll fall over. :) But smoking would have to rank up there. As a former smoker, you never really quit, you just stop doing it as much.
X is for x-rays you have had:
  • At least one on the leg that I broke when I was a senior in high school. Several sets on the back that I have standing appointments with my chiropractor and massage therapist to keep in line.
Y is for yummy food you ate today:
  • Tonight for movie night, we are having really good pizza, along with mojitos. So that's what's at the top of the pile for today.
Z is for zodiac sign:
  • Sagittarius. Hey wait, is that why I like water?

4 comments:

Kim Ayres said...

I drive a Mazda 3. The Mazda 5 is a sure sign of a midlife crisis. Is it red?

Anonymous said...

if you would like to go to a sitdown table service restaurant, you know you have a babysitter on call! Loved the alphabet! very cute. see ya soon!

stinkypaw said...

I chew my juice too!

I might just steel this!

Brave Astronaut said...

Kim - Not red, but blue, and quite sporty. Did I mention it's not a minivan? I use to drive a 3. I loved it. It's one of the reasons I bought the 5.

Susan - we might just take you up on that. Stay tuned.

Paw - You would be welcome. I have designs on your most recent "random" entry myself.