Grilled Asparagus with Tarragon Wine Vinaigrette
- 1 pound medium asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. minced shallot
- 1/3 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 large hard boiled egg, grated or finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
- handful of peanuts, chopped or sliced
- salt and pepper
Whisk the vinegar, shallot, mustard, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Slowly stream the olive oil, whisking as you add it until the mixture emulsifies. Then whisk in the tarragon.
Toss the asparagus with two tablespoons of the vinaigrette and divide it among four plates. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the asparagus and top with grated egg, cheese, and nuts for crunch. The recipe serves four.
[This recipe appeared in the Southwest Airlines Spirit Magazine and is from Chef Jon Ashton.]