Sunday, June 1, 2008

In Case Anyone is Wondering

Today is June 1. Father's Day is two weeks away. I am finishing up a weekend as the sole parent, looking after my two sons. Mrs. BA was away this weekend at her 20 year college reunion. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying. But I've missed her and that's all that matters.

Tonight is also the annual Ford's Theatre Gala, which will be held at the National Theater as Ford's is still going under renovations. It is sure to be a great evening and it is the last one for our current president, so I am already looking forward to the next one . . .

Anyway, as Father's Day is just around the corner, I thought I would throw out a few ideas in case anyone was looking for a gift for me. LBA and Son of BA are you reading this?
  1. There's a new golf course in my county. Lake Presidential Golf Club has opened in nearby Upper Marlboro, MD. It is about a 20-25 minute drive (I've already checked). The rates are a little steep, so it would have to be a special treat, but it is something that those individuals who like to give me golf gifts should keep in mind. Even that Ed guy could get a gift certificate and we could play when he comes for the MARAC meeting in the fall. Yes, I'm shameless, so sue me.
  2. I need a new flashlight. I had a MagLite (a big one) and it seems to have sprouted legs and vanished. I want a new one. A big one. One with lots of candle power. A few weeks ago I was out in our backyard while I listened to an animal brawl in the woods. I had my little, feeble flashlight, which would have served me very poorly if this angry creature had sprung from the hedge.
  3. There are several books out there that I am interested in, but I'll be damned if I can remember the names of them. I just remember seeing them and thinking "Oh that would be nice to read." Then I remember that when and if I have time to read, it is usually a page or two before falling asleep with the book on my face in bed. So if you are thinking books, think paperback. One was about the long rivalry between Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus, I think. Oh, and Stephen King has a relatively new book out.
  4. This movie is now out on DVD. I have the first one and it would be nice to have this one as well. Plus, since they are making a third one . . .
Oh, we also have tickets to the Nationals game on the 8th, so that should be fun, but I won those, so its not so much a gift as it is something that Mrs. BA and LBA are going to do, while my MIL stays home with Son of BA. But I wouldn't look down on a gift of more tickets, either. And I really want one of these or any of the variations . . .

Happy June. :)

No comments: