Saturday, June 14, 2008

What to do at the beach

[written on the DSL line for the house at the beach where Mrs. BA's family has descended for a week at the beach.]

The Brave Astronaut family has headed for the Delaware shore for a long weekend. LBA will get the best part of this deal as he will spend the entire week out here hanging with his cousins. Mrs. BA, and Son of BA and I will have to return home on Monday night due to a lack of annual leave.

But tomorrow is Father's Day and I will be getting in a little golf. And I'm given to understand there will be crabs for dinner.

I had actually started a much longer post about beach-related items, but it fell by the wayside as we tried to get ourselves together for our beach weekend. I'll try and work on a summary of stuff next week. After Monday's recipe and Tuesday's president of course.

I will however close with condolences to the Russert family. Tim Russert is the reason I started watching "Meet the Press." This election and the future will not be the same without him.

1 comment:

Lana Gramlich said...

I was shocked at the news of Russert's death, myself! Such a tragedy. He will certainly be missed.
Hope you're having fun at the beach, though. I haven't been to a beach in years now & considering that I'm so close to the Atlantic again (relatively speaking,) I really should remedy that.
Happy Father's Day. :)