Monday, January 5, 2009

Two Great Tastes that Taste Great Together

Stolen from my friend Stinkypaw, who posted this on her blog on a MONDAY. There were some accusations of content overlap, but she told me to use it in the future, so here it is.

Best-Ever Peanut Butter-Chocolate Molten Cakes
  • 4 squares Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup icing sugar
  • 2 whole eggs
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 6 Tbsp. flour
  • 1/4 cup Smooth Peanut Butter
Heat over to 425°F. Butter 4 custard cups. Place on baking sheet.

Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on High 1 min. or until butter is melted. Stir with whisk until chocolate is completely melted. Add sugar; mix well. Blend in whole eggs and egg yolks. Stir in flour.

Pour 1/2 batter evenly into prepared cups. Spoon 1 tablespoon peanut butter into center of batter in each cup. Cover with remaining batter.

Bake 14 min. or until sides are firm but centers are still soft. Let stand for 1 min. Carefully run small knife around edges of cakes to loosen. Invert cakes onto dessert plates. Cut in half to serve.

8 comments:

stinkypaw said...

Those are so easy to make and everybody will love them, trust me, it was worth the overlap and all! ;-)

Eryl Shields said...

I shouldn't have come over today, not when I'm trying to cut down after the holiday binge-fest!

Kim Ayres said...

Sounds divine, but I have to steer clear of anything like it for the next few weeks until I can cope with temptation again

Brave Astronaut said...

Paw - thanks for sharing

Eryl - I've decided to wait to start my diet until all the other people who started them fall away and leave the exercise machines empty - I'm thinking February

Kim - That's the thing about temptation, - it's there forever, isn't it?

Kim Ayres said...

True - I guess it's like the thing they say about, "A dog is for life, not just for Christmas"

All you need to do exchange "a dog" for Temptation" and you have a whole new bumper sticker

6th Floor blog said...

Damn, those sound delicious...and me trying to watch the calories.

btw, I've heard of/seen Artisinal. well, seen anyway. The only thing I've heard is they're expensive. They have good cheese? Cheese is good.

totally didn't catch that quote was from Speed, still funny though.

Lana Gramlich said...

If you've never tried it, you MUST dip chocolate mint girl scout cookies in peanut butter. OMG, SOOOO good!

Brave Astronaut said...

Kim - ever the marketing guru. Can I get half the proceeds?

6th Floor - Cheese is really, really good. My wife and good friend enjoyed a gorgonzola fondue there, while I and his wife enjoyed straight up fondue.

Lana - and with Girl Scout cookie time around the corner - something to plan for!