Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Loot List

I should be in bed as we leave for the hospital tomorrow morning at 5:00am. There needs to be a few hours "prep time" and then the actual birthing part, which won't take more than about 15 minutes. Don't be surprised if those phone calls come around 10:00am (maybe from the Krispy Kreme across the street from the hospital).

There is some question that I might never have time for this again. Luckily, I have spent some time drafting posts for the future, so I am OK for a few weeks. But lets start with the important stuff. So was Santa good to you? Let's hear about it. Here is the list of things that Santa (and a very good Mrs. Brave Astronaut) put under my tree this year. And yes, this may be substituting for thank you notes in some cases!
  • For my birthday from the OSG Family - A new diaper bag, I had been coveting OSG's.
  • A neck pillow for falling asleep in the car, just not while I'm driving. (Mrs. BA)
  • A calendar of Lighthouses in France, already brought to my office and hung up (from Mrs. BA's sister)
  • Billy Joel's 12 Gardens Live (somebody's been reading the wish list!)
  • A new sweater and dress shirt for work (from my MIL)
  • The DVD that has the line, "I'll have a steak sandwich . . . and a steak sandwich" and this one, "It's all ball bearings these days."
  • This DVD. It's a long story. [from the OSGs]
  • While this DVD had my son's name on it, I think it was really for me.
  • The Book List (I did very well in this category)
    • The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid - Bill Bryson
    • The House: The History of the House of Representatives - Robert Remini
    • Home Maintenance for Dummies (these three all from Mrs. BA)
    • American Creation - Joseph Ellis (tucked in the pocket of the above bag from the OSGs)
    • The Code [all about fighting in the NHL], from one of Mrs. BA's co-workers and good friend
    • Ghost Wars - Steve Coll (winner of the Pulitzer Prize, inscribed and autographed by the author)
    • The book from which the movie, "A Christmas Story"
    • The Totally Useless History of the World by Ian Crofton - ooh! Blog fodder [both from the OSGs]

No comments: