Sunday, December 16, 2007

Transitions

My son sleeps tonight in a big boy bed. We bought a mattress and box spring (and a frame and headboard, but those will come later) and made it all up for him. He was initially unsure of his new surroundings, but once it was made up and populated with the appropriate number of his "friends," he snuggled down for some stories.

And now he sleeps. The question will be will he remain in it the entire night?

My friend ADR has posted a YouTube video on his blog that reminds us that there are many others out there who are less fortunate than we are. It is very moving. NJM, an occasional commenter on this blog, sent me this website, which I recommend. As you improve your vocabulary, you donate rice to those in need.

A final note. As I write this, I am listening to a selection of Dan Fogelberg music on iTunes. Yes, his music has a cheesy bent, but I like it and I'll miss him. Fogelberg passed away today at 56 from prostate cancer.

3 comments:

ADR said...

Thanks for the link to the video I posted.

As far the FreeRice thing goes, I find it most annoying that I can't really get past level 45. Once I get to level 45 - I miss one and then it takes 3 straight to get back up there. Frustrating.

Amy said...

I, too, was annoyed that I tended to stay in the 45-46 zone and couldn't get any higher than 48, and that only for one brief shining moment. So, I opened up the Merriam-Webster site in another browser window and typed the term into the dictionary's search engine before I selected my answer on Free Rice.

What's that? I'm being childish, petty, and lame? Whatever! I had a nice streak going at level 50 until I decided that I rilly, rilly, rilly had to get back to actual work.

Lana Gramlich said...

I was greatly saddened to hear about Fogelberg's death last night. "Same Old Lang Syne" always brought me to the edge of tears. Today is no different...