Monday, August 4, 2008

Chocolate Cake in a Cup

I am often derided by Mrs. BA about my Starbucks need for "a candy bar in a cup." But here is a recipe for a chocolate cake made in a mug. It's just too interesting to not give it a try. Seen on Buzzfeed.

Ingredients:
  • 4 Tablespoons cake flour
  • 4 Tablespoons sugar
  • 2 Tablespoons cocoa
  • 1 Egg
  • 3 Tablespoons milk
  • 3 Tablespoons oil
  • 1 Mug
Instructions:
  • Mix flour, sugar and cocoa
  • Spoon in 1 egg
  • Pour in milk and oil, and mix well
  • Put in microwave for 3 minutes on maximum power (1000watt)
  • Wait until it stops rising and sets in the mug
  • Tip contents out of mug onto saucer and enjoy!

7 comments:

Special K. said...

Have you tried this? Does it really work?

Eryl said...

Lord, the idea of being able to have chocolate cake in three minutes is just too divine to resist! I will have to try this tonight. If it works I'll weep, not just for joy but for my hips.

Lana Gramlich said...

Cake in a cup? I think you're going in the wrong direction. Let me know when you get a recipe for "cake in a pick up truck." *LOL*

Brave Astronaut said...

So who's tried it? Did it work?

Anonymous said...

You might want to tone down those measurements, mine popped right out from the mug and would have made a mess of my microwave had I not put a plate underneath it.

Anonymous said...

mabye your cup was to small.

Catfishes24 said...

I tried this today, and it wasn't bad. It's not the ultimate chocolate cake, but it will do until you can get the real thing!

I used a soup mug, which is a little bigger, so there was no mess in the microwave.

I look forward to trying variations on it.