Friday, August 29, 2008

An End of Summer Menu Meme

Written earlier for posting on Friday August 29, 2008

Pinched from C in DC:

Appetizer: When was the last time you had your hair cut/trimmed?
  • Just recently. It was getting pretty mangy. Only problem with the person that currently cuts my hair? I think she used to work for the military. I'm not exactly getting crew cuts, but it's pretty short once she's done with it.
Soup: Name one thing you miss about being a child.
  • Lack of responsibility. As OSG remarks, work is so inconvenient these days, it gets in the way of all the other things we would rather be doing, sleeping, watching TV, you know fun stuff.
Salad: Pick one: butter, margarine, olive oil.
  • Butter all the way baby
Main Course: If you could learn another language, which one would you pick, and why?
  • I took six years of French in high school and another in college. But Spanish would do a lot better for me. But I would also love to at least be able to speak in several languages.
Dessert: Finish this sentence: In 5 years I expect to be…
  • Good Lord, turning 45. Hopefully just as happy as I am now and successful in the endeavors that I have set out in front of me.

3 comments:

Lana Gramlich said...

I've been thinking about brushing up on Spanish, myself. I think I've mostly given up on trying to learn Welsh w/o a human teacher. Being one of the last surviving Celtic languages, it's just TOO unusual & unfamiliar for me to successfully wrap my head around. Not to mention that I encounter far more Mexicans than Welsh these days. <:\

Amy said...

It took you six years to get through high school?! : )

I kind of want to take Italian. I had Spanish and French in junior high/high school, and some French and German in college. I also have this strange desire to learn Latin and Greek, FWIW.

Brave Astronaut said...

Lana - fair enough. Welsh may not be the best use of your time.

Amy - that would be a combined secondary school tally thank you (starting in 7th grade through 12th). And I did take a semester of Latin, too.