Friday, October 12, 2012

Fly! at Ford's Theatre

Tomorrow night I will be at Ford's Theatre for one of the last few performances of Fly!, based on the Tuskegee Airmen of World War II.  If you haven't seen it yet and you are in the DC area - you should (hurry! you only have a week left - show closes October 21).

The next show on the Ford's lineup is the return of A Christmas Carol, with Edward Gero returning as Scrooge.  One of these years, I will bring LBA to this show - SoBA is still a few years away from this dark rendition of the Christmas classic.  Following A Christmas Carol, the Ford's stage will be transformed to Grover's Corner for Our Town.  So I will be sure to be crying when I'm watching that one.  The Spring musical this year at Ford's is Hello Dolly!

There is a plan afoot to go see My Fair Lady which is playing at another of Washington's theaters.  So i've got that going for me.

Finally, yesterday, a very special friend of mine celebrated her wedding anniversary and tomorrow she will celebrate her birthday!  She's been having a rough year, but indications are that she is on the mend - which is great, because I am looking forward to seeing her next year, when I travel to New Orleans for a conference in August.


So, if you have the chance go over to her website / blog ( hope she still sees checks in there) and wish a Happy Birthday to Lana!

No comments: