Friday, October 26, 2012

MARAC Fall 2012 Meeting

Today is the first full day of the Fall 2012 Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference (MARAC) meeting here in Richmond, VA.  MARAC was last in Richmond eleven (!) years ago.  At this meeting, the conference is celebrating its 40th Anniversary / Birthday!

I came down to the meeting yesterday with that guy Ed from Pittsburgh.  He and I (and another colleague) celebrated MARAC's birthday by playing a little golf.  Once we got to the hotel - it was committee meetings for the remainder of the day.  Today is sessions and a reception this evening. Tomorrow the meeting will have its last session, business meeting and then I will head home.  At the business meeting, I will be presenting on the recent membership survey that was conducted.

I am grateful to the individual who agreed to drive me home - as Ed in Pittsburgh, while he came to the launchpad on Wednesday evening and then drove me here on Thursday morning, is not heading back through the DC area on his way home.




No comments: