Tuesday, October 2, 2012

It's Blogtober!

I am going to attempt to post something everyday this month.  I have a lot of things in my Google Reader that I can draw upon and I have a fairly full schedule of things that I will be doing this month that will eat up a few more posts.  And there's always Recipe Mondays and State of the Union Thursdays to fill in the rest.

October is named after the Latin, "octo" for eight, but retained its name after January and February were added to the Roman calendar.  If you are looking for something else to celebrate in the month of October (other than October / Playoff baseball), the month is also known as:
  • National Pizza Month
  • National Popcorn Poppin’ Month
  • National Pork Month (United States)
  • National Sausage Month
  • National Squirrel Awareness Month
I'm looking forward to the challenge and hope that you will all hang with me for the month of Blogtober!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Yeesh. Thanks for making me look bad! :)

I tend to post on Facebook the things that I used to put on my blog, especially since FB quit auto-importing my blog posts as FB Notes and I'm too lazy to find a workaround.

Amy said...

Update:

I see your Blogtober! and raise you a Blogtober?

Anna van Schurman said...

Let me tell you we are plenty aware of squirrels around here. Since Fall fell, Stella has lept from the car to chase squirrels and one day, at the dog park, a crow. Please let everyone hibernate early this year. This is way too much excitement for me.

Brave Astronaut said...

Amy - I knew you could do it.

Anna - [vague Up reference] I don't really think that . . . SQUIRREL!