Wednesday, October 3, 2007

So Who's Your Team?

I think I have made it clear that I am pulling for the Yankees to be victorious this year in the World Series. Hey those Wild Card teams are always the dark horse. If the Yankees are to be victorious, the team that started playing after the All-Star game will need to show up. If it's the team from before, they're screwed.

So to the matchups.

ALDS #1 - Los Angeles Angels vs. Boston Red Sox
I have said all season the Angels were the team to beat. However, they did get slapped around at the end and they are staggering into the post season. Regardless, sorry NJM, I predict Angels in four.

ALDS #2 - Cleveland Indians vs. New York Yankees
Major League anyone? I have an informal bet with a fellow blogger in Cleveland that the loser will have to say something nice about the opposing team on their blog. We are not going so far as to have to parade around in jerseys or trade NY style pizza for whatever those nice folks in Cleveland eat, but we have an arrangement for something. Sorry, Amy, my heart tells me Yankees in four.

NLDS #1 - Philadelphia Phillies vs. Colorado Rockies
Okay, so Holliday never touched the plate last night. But he was called safe and the Rockies are heading to the postseason against the Fightin' Phillies. The Phillies picked it up at the end and enjoyed the spectacular collapse of the New York Mets. I don't think it's enough against a team that has won 15 of its last 16 games. Rockies in four.

NLDS #2 - Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Chicago Cubs
Isn't every year supposed to be the Cubs year? This might be it (for a while anyway). The Diamondbacks aren't as good as their record. Statistics said they shouldn't have won the division, but they did. They will be tough, but I still like the Cubs in five.

Those are my predictions and I'm sticking with them. Let's see if I can do any better than last year. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I think people in Cleveland eat pierogies. And go to Indians games for the hot dogs with stadium mustard — according to the Food Network, anyway.

I'm going to continue to live in my fantasy world and hope for an Indians-Cubs World Series, with the Indians winning it all.