Sunday, October 14, 2007

Tick Tock, Verizon missed the deadline, Surprise!

Here it is nearly 1:00pm and no Verizon technician. I have called and they told me they were still coming . . . tick, tick, tick.

Here is a story sent by a friend with a story of a woman who had it with her attempts at getting service to her home. This time the perpetrator was Comcast.

Here is the latest email I just sent to my "friend" at Verizon, Nancy. Let's see what becomes of that. My thanks to all of you who have sent me messages of encouragement and outlets to vent my rage. I'll share the letters I send to Verizon and DirecTV when they are ready.

Stay tuned.
_________________________
October 14, 2007
12:15pm

Dear Nancy,

As you are probably aware, a technician did not arrive at my house Thursday afternoon. I learned in conversations with the installation department as well as the FIOS Service Center, the order had been written incorrectly. A service appointment was scheduled for today, Sunday, between 8:00am and 12:00pm. It is now 12:15, and I have already called the installation center, and they assure me a technician is coming out. I am not optimistic.

As it seems this matter may be coming to a conclusion, I want to summarize where we are to date and find out what has occurred and what other compensation Verizon will offer for my difficulties.

My new account / bill should have the following services:
  • FIOS Internet – this service has been up and running since September 20, although I have received notification from Verizon that the service will be interrupted on Monday, October 15, as they do not have a telephone number to attach the charges to.
  • FIOS Phone Service – presuming this service is connected on Sunday October 14, with the phone number you have given me.
  • Verizon Wireless services for my account attached to this account with the One-Bill discount.
  • Whichever bundling discount is applicable to this account based on the services I have contracted for.

Now, to summarize. First, the old account. It is my understanding that my brother-in-law has canceled this account. I would like the following resolutions confirmed to me in writing.

  • Refund / credit to me for the phone service for the month of September, prepaid on my bill of September 2, 2007, in the amount of $48.18.
  • Refund / credit to me for the DSL Internet service for the month of September, prepaid on my bill of September 2, 2007, in the amount of $24.99.
  • That no additional charges be applied to this account as it is no longer an active account and that I am not responsible for any additional charges on this account.
  • The refunds /credits noted above be applied to my new account or refunded to me by check mailed to my home address.
  • My Verizon Wireless account has been de-enrolled from the One-Bill service and will be re-enrolled in One-Bill attached to the new phone number.
  • Some portion of my Wireless charges refunded to me as compensation for lack of any other phone service. I incurred an overage in minutes last month in the amount of approximately $70.

Second, the new account. As above, please confirm the items below in writing.

  • Refund / credit for any charges incurred on this account to date and that no charges will commence until the phone service is up and running at this account.
  • I am respectfully requesting a promotional discount or some percentage off my bill for a period of no less than twelve months (one year) from the commencement of service as compensation for the difficulties I have had with Verizon over the past six weeks.

Further, I am still awaiting the arrival of the $100 gift card you promised. You might consider an additional gift card of one in a higher amount as compensation for the missed service call.

Please note that I am intending to address this issue to the Maryland Public Service Commission as well as sending a letter to the Chairman of Verizon Communications. I have been very patient throughout this ordeal and it has completely mystified me as to why a company that is expected to provide good communication has been unable to provide service to a customer, who has been with the company for many years, especially in a situation where I was requesting an upgrade to my services, offering to pay you more money. And yet, we are in a situation where you are applying discount after discount to my account to make up for Verizon’s inability to properly establish residential phone service.

I am requesting that you share this email with your supervisors as well as those in the other offices that can help resolve the issues noted above. Please let me know the names of those individuals, as well as their contact information, so I may discuss my service with them as necessary.

Finally, please note that through this entire situation, you have been the most helpful source of resolving issues. While it has been difficult to reach you at times, you have been responsive to my emails and the corporate instant messenger service used by Verizon has been very helpful in getting information to you. You are to be commended for your work on this account and please let your supervisors know that I appreciate all of your hard work.

I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience, in writing, with responses to the issues noted above and what other compensation Verizon will be offering me as a result of the company’s continued mishandling of this matter.

Thank you very much,
Brave Astronaut

No comments: