Monday, October 1, 2007

Update: DirecTV Caves, Brave Astronaut Victorious!

So the installer is here. He arrived late, and not when DirecTV said he would be here. DirecTV said he would be here between 6am and 8am, which I knew wouldn't happen. I got a call from the installer around 8am and he said he was on his way. He got here about 10am.

Around 9:30am, I called DirecTV. I remained very calm and talked to two customer service representatives and then to a supervisor. I explained my situation to all three of them and requested that I felt I was owed "something" for my troubles, you know "for the effort." I gave them some examples, NHL Center Ice, premium movies for a period of time, a new flat screen TV, something to make me feel better about DirecTV.

Laurel, my supervisor du jour, realized I wouldn't go away without something, offered me Showtime for three months at no charge. So I got that going for me. The question now is, do I cancel when FIOS TV shows up in two weeks?

3 comments:

Special K. said...

What is FIOS TV?

Brave Astronaut said...

Oh, you poor country folk. FIOS TV is a new invention from the nice folks at Verizon. Your TV signal comes over fiber-optic cable. It's tempting, but I am not sure I want to upset the apple cart and risk disrupting service again.

ADR said...

I still think you should have held out for the Center Ice. Speaking of course as someone who just dropped $150 for this season's package.